BApp details: Request Randomizer
This extension registers a session handling rule which places a random value into a specified location within requests.
- Load the extension into Burp.
- In the session handling options, create a rule which invokes the Randomizer action that is registered by the extension, and select a suitable scope for the rule.
- Place the string #RANDOM# into the relevant request at the location where a random value is required.
- Let Burp operate on the request in the normal way (via Scanner, Intruder, etc.).
- The extension will replace the string #RANDOM# with a random value in each request.
You can install BApps directly within Burp, via the BApp Store feature in the Burp Extender tool. You can also download them from here, for offline installation into Burp.
Please note that extensions are written by third party users of Burp, and PortSwigger Web Security makes no warranty about their quality or usefulness for any particular purpose.