BApp details: Error Message Checks
This extension passively reports detailed server error messages.
Detailed error messages are often not visible during the normal course of testing. Some examples are:
- Java: "[SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1146)"
- ASP.Net: "System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint) +2071"
- PHP: "c() called at [/tmp/include.php:10]"
- Perl: "Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/WWW/Mechanize.pm line 695"
New in version 2.0.0:
- Reports error messages detected in any HTTP response
- Configurable selection of Burp tools to scan
You can install BApps directly within Burp, via the BApp Store feature in the Burp Extender tool. You can also download them from here, for offline installation into Burp.
Please note that extensions are written by third party users of Burp, and PortSwigger Web Security makes no warranty about their quality or usefulness for any particular purpose.