BurpBeautifier is a Burpsuite extension for beautifying request/response body, supporting JS, JSON, HTML, XML format, writing in Jython 2.7.
- JS: use jsbeautify module
- JSON: use jsbeautify module
- HTML: use beautifulsoup4 module, and jsbeautify module for js code in HTML
- XML: use xml module
- Writing in Jython, modify source code conveniently. eg: Modify the beautify function to change how to beautify.
- Beautify and replace response body.
- Option setting persistence.
- Send Request/Response body to Beautifier Panel
- It may modify data, such as: beautifying xml will add the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> header, beautifying html will repair html tag.
- Assuming the request/response body is utf-8, so if the body is not utf8 encoding or compatible with utf8, it may not work well.
- Not considering gzip/deflate compress/decompress, so need the Proxy->Options->Miscellaneous->Unpack gzip/deflate in response is enabled (ON by default)
- Jython is slow. So It will not beautify if size excess dataMaxSize(default is 680KB)
|Last updated||16 December 2019|
You can install BApps directly within Burp, via the BApp Store feature in the Burp Extender tool. You can also download them from here, for offline installation into Burp.
|You can view the source code for this BApp by visiting our GitHub page.|
|Follow @BApp_Store on Twitter to receive notifications of all BApp releases and updates.|
Please note that extensions are written by third party users of Burp, and PortSwigger Web Security makes no warranty about their quality or usefulness for any particular purpose.