BurpBeautifier is a Burpsuite extension for beautifying request/response
body, supporting JS, JSON, HTML, XML format, writing in Jython 2.7.
- JS: use jsbeautify module
- JSON: use jsbeautify module
- HTML: use beautifulsoup4 module, and jsbeautify module for js
code in HTML
- XML: use xml module
- Writing in Jython, modify source code conveniently. eg: Modify the
beautify function to change how to beautify.
- Beautify and replace response body.
- Option setting persistence.
- Send Request/Response body to Beautifier Panel
- It may modify data, such as: beautifying xml will add the <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> header, beautifying html will repair
- Assuming the request/response body is utf-8, so if the body is not
utf8 encoding or compatible with utf8, it may not work well.
- Not considering gzip/deflate compress/decompress, so need the
Proxy->Options->Miscellaneous->Unpack gzip/deflate in response is
enabled (ON by default)
- Jython is slow. So It will not beautify if size excess
dataMaxSize(default is 680KB)
||16 December 2019
You can install BApps directly within Burp, via the BApp Store feature in the Burp Extender tool. You can also download them from here, for offline installation into Burp.
||You can view the source code for this BApp by visiting our GitHub page.
||Follow @BApp_Store on Twitter to receive notifications of all BApp releases and updates.
Please note that extensions are written by third party users of Burp, and PortSwigger Web Security makes no warranty about their quality or usefulness for any particular purpose.