Burp Repeater Options
The Repeater menu controls aspects of Burp Repeater's behavior. The
following options are available:
- Update Content-Length - This option controls
whether Burp automatically updates the Content-Length header of the
request where necessary. Using this option is normally essential when
the request message contains a body.
- Unpack gzip / deflate - This option controls
whether Burp automatically unpacks gzip- and deflate-compressed content
received in responses.
- Follow redirections - This setting controls whether
redirection responses are automatically followed. The following options
Note: If Repeater receives a redirection response which
it is not configured to follow automatically, it will display a "Follow
redirection" button near to the top of the UI. This allows you to manually follow
the redirection after viewing it. This feature is useful for walking
through each request and response in a redirection sequence. New cookies
will be processed in these manual redirections if this option has been
set in the "Process cookies in redirections" option described below.
- Never - Repeater will not follow any redirections.
- On-site only - Repeater will only follow redirections to the same web "site",
i.e. to URLs employing the same host, port and protocol as was used in the
- In-scope only - Repeater will only follow
redirections to URLs that are within the
suite-wide target scope.
- Always - Repeater will follow redirections to any URL whatsoever. You should
use this option with caution - occasionally, web applications relay your
request parameters in redirections to third-parties, and by following
redirections you may inadvertently attack an application that you do not intend
- Process cookies in redirections - If this option is
selected, then any cookies set in the redirection response will be
resubmitted when the redirection target is followed.
- View - This submenu lets you configure the layout
of the request/response panel. You can view the HTTP messages in a
top/bottom split, a left/right split, or in tabs.
- Action - This submenu contains the same options as
are available on via the context menu of the request and response
Thursday, May 12, 2016
This release adds some enhancements to, and fixes some minor issues with, the Burp projects feature. Thanks are due to everyone who has provided feedback about the new projects feature since the 1.7beta release. Based on the enhancements made since that release, the projects feature is now officially out of beta, and this release may be regarded as stable. As with all Burp features, we welcome ongoing feedback about the projects feature as people continue to use it.
See all release notes ›