Burp Repeater Options
The Repeater menu controls aspects of Burp Repeater's behavior. The following options are available:
- Update Content-Length - This option controls whether Burp automatically updates the Content-Length header of the request where necessary. Using this option is normally essential when the request message contains a body.
- Unpack gzip / deflate - This option controls whether Burp automatically unpacks gzip- and deflate-compressed content received in responses.
Follow redirections - This setting controls whether
redirection responses are automatically followed. The following options
- Never - Repeater will not follow any redirections.
- On-site only - Repeater will only follow redirections to the same web "site", i.e. to URLs employing the same host, port and protocol as was used in the original request.
- In-scope only - Repeater will only follow redirections to URLs that are within the suite-wide target scope.
- Always - Repeater will follow redirections to any URL whatsoever. You should use this option with caution - occasionally, web applications relay your request parameters in redirections to third-parties, and by following redirections you may inadvertently attack an application that you do not intend to.
- Process cookies in redirections - If this option is selected, then any cookies set in the redirection response will be resubmitted when the redirection target is followed.
- View - This submenu lets you configure the layout of the request/response panel. You can view the HTTP messages in a top/bottom split, a left/right split, or in tabs.
- Action - This submenu contains the same options as are available on via the context menu of the request and response message editors.