The Daily Swig SecureDrop
Share stories with us securely and confidentially
What is SecureDrop?
Secure Drop is an encrypted messaging service that can be used to send messages or sensitive documents securely and confidentially.
The IP address and location of the user are fully protected, and no metadata is stored, meaning that no one – not even us – can identify them. This is particularly important for whistleblowers or those who simply wish to remain anonymous.
How do I use SecureDrop?
- To access our SecureDrop service, you first need to download Tor Browser.
- After doing so, navigate to our SecureDrop .onion URL:
- If this is your first time contacting us through SecureDrop, click ‘Get Started’ and follow the instructions.
- You will be assigned a randomly generated and unique code phrase. If we need to contact you for more information, we will leave a message for you in SecureDrop. These messages can only be accessed using your codename, and this is the only way we will be able to reach you.
- For returning visitors, click ‘Log In’ to continue where you left off.