This release provides a security fix for the embedded Chromium browser, and several bug fixes.
Chromium security fix
This release includes an update of Burp's embedded browser to Chromium 89.0.4389.90 which fixes a security issue that Google have classified as high.
This release provides several bug fixes, including:
- Copy and cut hotkeys now work in inspector tables, and the copied data is formatted appropriately for the types of items in the table.
- Burp Suite now correctly deletes update files after they have been used.
- The title bar now displays the name of the update channel you have has chosen if it is not the Stable channel.
- We have improved the layout of the Intruder "Grep - Payloads" panel.
- Unwanted update behaviour no longer happens when you have more than one installation of Burp Suite on macOS.
- We have fixed an issue where the crawler encounters an error if it finds links with URL fragments during the "discovering hidden content" section of the crawl.
- We have converted filter pop-up windows to dialog boxes throughout Burp Suite, to improve consistency.