Add Custom Header
Add or update custom HTTP headers from session handling rules. This is especially useful for JSON Web Tokens (JWT).
Basic usage, with a hard-coded value:
- Select the Add Custom Header tab and enter the header name and hard-coded value.
- Select Project Options -> Sessions
- Add a Session Handling rule
- Name it and select Add, Invoke a Burp Extension extension
- Make sure the scope is correct. If you're just trying this out, you can use Include all URLs, but set a proper scope for regular use.
- Select the Add Custom Header option from the list in the following screen
You can also use a dynamic value. In this case:
- Record a macro that fetches the dynamic value
- In the session handling rule, create an action to Run a macro and select the macro
- Enable After running the macro, invoke a Burp extension action handler and select Add Bearer Token
- In Add Customer Header enter a regular expression that extracts the value from the macro response
||18 September 2018
You can install BApps directly within Burp, via the BApp Store feature in the Burp Extender tool. You can also download them from here, for offline installation into Burp.
||You can view the source code for this BApp by visiting our GitHub page.
||Follow @BApp_Store on Twitter to receive notifications of all BApp releases and updates.
Please note that extensions are written by third party users of Burp, and PortSwigger Web Security makes no warranty about their quality or usefulness for any particular purpose.