Tuesday 6 April, 2021 | 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM GMT
Update: this webinar can now be viewed on HackerOne's site, here.
AppSec is a tricky business. While expertise remains scarce, threats are only getting more common, and the stakes are soaring ever higher. With these issues in mind, PortSwigger is teaming up with HackerOne - curator of the world's largest ethical hacker community - to bring you AppSec wisdom from some leading Burp Suite users.
On Tuesday 6 April, 2021, we'll be joined by Leanne Shapton - AppSec Engineer and Burp Suite user at Shopify; Joel Noguera - ethical hacker and pentester; and Cindy Ho - Senior Product Marketing Manager at HackerOne.
The one hour workshop entitled "How to perform effective web application security assessments" will have a particular focus on Burp Suite - with Shopify being users of both Burp Suite Enterprise Edition and Burp Suite Professional - and will cover subjects including:
- Shopify’s approach to incorporating security into product review processes to support the development of their app-store and marketplace.
- How automated vulnerability scanning complements penetration testing, bug bounty programmes, and other security processes.
- Advice for security teams on partnering with software developers.
- How to balance automation with human intuition.
- How to identify weaknesses faster, to spend more time on what matters.
Register now, and don't forget to mark the date in your calendar. This will be a great event for anyone looking to maximize the strength of their organization's AppSec, and gain a greater understanding of how they can use the various editions of Burp Suite to do this. Can't make it live? Sign up and get access to an on-demand recording after the event.