Sample Burp Suite extension: Hello World
Dafydd Stuttard |
13 December 2012 at 11:27 UTC
Our first sample extension is about as basic as things can get, while actually doing something. It demonstrates the following techniques:
- Setting the name of the extension, which will be shown to the user in the UI.
- Obtaining the extension-specific output and error streams.
- Writing messages to the output and error streams.
- Writing a message to the main Burp alerts log.
- Generating an exception to demonstrate how this is reported to the user.
Download the Hello World extension. The download includes source code for Java and Python, and the compiled JAR file for Java.