BApp details: Software Version Reporter
This extension passively detects server software version numbers during scanning, spidering etc.
Often the server version is revealed only on error responses, which may not be visible during the normal course of testing. Some examples are:
- "Apache Tomcat/6.0.24 - Error report"
- "Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8"
- "X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319"
Match rules are loaded from a remote tab-delimited file at extension startup. Users can also load their own match rules from a local file or using the BApp GUI.
New in version 2.0.0:
- Option to consolidate all findings with the same version number into one scanner report
- UI display includes a list of found domains and versions
Requires Java version 7+
|Last updated||04 April 2017|
You can install BApps directly within Burp, via the BApp Store feature in the Burp Extender tool. You can also download them from here, for offline installation into Burp.
Please note that extensions are written by third party users of Burp, and PortSwigger Web Security makes no warranty about their quality or usefulness for any particular purpose.