This release contains various enhancements to the Scanner engine logic, to improve both the reliability of issue reporting, and the quality of proof-of-concept exploits. Improvements have been made to the following checks:
- OS command injection
- SQL injection
- HTTP response header injection
- File path traversal
- Reflected cross-site scripting
- Various DOM-based issues
- Open redirection
Several other improvements have also been made, including:
- The maximum number of active scan threads has been increased to 999.
- A workaround has been applied to override a recent change in Java platform behavior which affected SSL negotiation with some servers.
- A problem in which extension-initiated restoration of state could cause the configuration of the Extender tool to be reloaded, thereby interfering with the extension's own execution, has been resolved,
- A "Start attack" button has been added to each configuration panel in the Intruder tool.
- A bug in which multibyte characters are copied from the HTTP message viewer to the clipboard as raw bytes has been resolved.