This release introduces improved Montoya API support for WebSockets, as well as a number of minor improvements and bug fixes.
Montoya API WebSocket support
We have improved Montoya API support for WebSockets. This enables you to create extensions that interact more effectively with WebSockets. You can now:
- Create WebSockets.
- Create WebSocket message editors.
- Retrieve WebSocket messages from the Proxy history. This enables you to search the messages for interesting content.
- Send binary messages on both proxied and non-proxied WebSockets. This enables you to interact with services that process binary messages.
- Add comments and highlights to proxied WebSocket messages.
We have made a number of minor improvements, including:
- We have added an entry for the Support HTTP/2 setting to the proxy listeners table.
- We have updated the proxy listener to automatically restart when the Support HTTP/2 setting is changed.
- When you reopen the Settings dialog your previous search is now displayed, so that you can quickly be in context.
We have fixed a number of minor bugs:
- Checkboxes now scale correctly when you modify the font size.
- We have fixed a bug whereby if you generated a tab with a Burp extension, the tab did not display correctly.
- We have fixed a bug whereby responses were erroneously marked as edited when using extensions in Montoya-compatible builds of Burp.
This release upgrades Burp's browser to Chromium 110.0.5481.77/.78.