Configuring database and admin user details
Last updated: January 24, 2023
Read time: 2 Minutes
For Kubernetes deployments of Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, database and admin user configuration is handled in the application itself as part of the initial configuration flow. This is a change from legacy cloud deployments, in which these details were configured as part of the install process.
Make sure that you have stopped your old deployment and created a snapshot of your database before proceeding.
Connecting to your database
The next step in the process is to give Burp Suite Enterprise Edition the details of your new database instance.
Before you attempt to connect to your database, please make sure that you have configured it to work with Burp Suite Enterprise Edition. For details of how to do this, see Setting up the external database.
To configure database details:
- From the Burp Suite Enterprise Edition configuration flow, either complete or skip the Upload a TLS certificate page to display the Connect to your database page. For more information on running the configuration flow and uploading TLS certificates, see Configuring Transport Layer Security.
- Enter the database's JDBC URL. Note that the URL format needed changes depending on the type of database you want to use. For more information on JDBC URLs in Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, see Database connection URL format.
- Enter the Username and Password of the Enterprise Server database user. This is the user that the Enterprise Server will use when connecting to the database.
- Optionally, add a Connection username for the Enterprise Server database user. This property is used if your database requires a separate username format (such as user-name@server-name, for example) when connecting externally.
- Optionally, enter the Username and Password of the Enterprise scanning machine database user. This is the user that Enterprise scanning machines will use when connecting to the database.
- Optionally, add a Connection username for the Enterprise scanning machine database user. This property is used if your database requires a separate username format (such as user-name@server-name, for example) when connecting externally.
- Click Next to save your database details and display the Create admin user page.
Creating an admin user
The final step in the configuration process is to set up your Burp Suite Enterprise Edition admin user.
To do so, enter the Email address and Password for the admin user on the Create admin user page. Next, confirm your password and click Finish & login to complete the configuration process. The application displays the Sign in page.
Keep a note of your admin user credentials in a secure place. They cannot be recovered if you lose them.
Next step - Activate your license
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.