Adding local users
Last updated: January 29, 2024
Read time: 1 Minute
You can create users and edit permissions directly from the Burp Suite Enterprise Edition dashboard. This is useful if your organization does not use a single sign-on (SSO) solution, or if you only have a small number of users to manage.
Before creating new users, we recommend connecting your SMTP server. This makes it easier to invite new users to Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, reset passwords, and so on.
To create a new user in Burp Suite Enterprise Edition:
- Log in to Burp Suite Enterprise Edition as an administrator.
- From the Team menu, select Add a new user.
- In the User credentials section, enter the details for the new user.
- Under Choose a login type, select Password.
- To allow the user to log in immediately, select Enabled.
- Select the groups that you want the user to belong to.
- When you're finished, scroll down and click Save.
The new user appears in the list of users. If you have already connected your SMTP server, the user automatically receives an email invite to complete the registration process and obtain their password.
If you haven't connected your SMTP server, you can copy the link when prompted and email it to the user manually.
Creating an API user
If you need to create a user to enable integration with other software, refer to Creating API users.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.