Configuring site settings
Last updated: January 29, 2024
Read time: 2 Minutes
Burp Suite Enterprise Edition offers a number of site-related settings that enable you to fine-tune Burp Scanner's behavior and provide additional information such as login credentials.
You can also configure some site settings at the folder level. These settings are inherited by any subfolders and sites in the folder. You can then fine-tune the settings for individual subfolders and sites. For more information, see Defining the scan configuration for a folder.
For individual sites, you can access the site settings from the Scan settings panel, either when you create a site or when you edit an existing site.
You can use custom scan configurations to configure scan settings that are not available when using a preset scan mode, such as request throttling.
For more information, see Custom scan configuration settings (Burp Suite Enterprise Edition).
The following tabs are available:
- Scan configuration enables you to specify one or more configurations to use when scanning the site. See Defining the scan configuration for a site.
- Authentication enables you to provide login credentials and configure platform authentication. See Configuring authentication.
- Connections enables you to configure upstream proxy servers. See Configuring upstream proxy servers.
- Headers & cookies enables you to add custom headers and cookies to requests made when scanning the site. See Adding headers and cookies.
- Extensions enables you to select any extensions that Burp Suite Enterprise Edition should use when scanning the site. See Scanning with extensions.
- Scanning pool enables you to select a scanning pool for the site to belong to. See Managing scanning pools.
- Notifications enables you to configure automated notifications on scan progress. See Setting up scan notifications.
You must select a scan configuration in order to be able to save a site. All other settings in the Scan settings section are optional.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.