Raising Jira tickets from within Burp Suite Enterprise Edition
Last updated: May 17, 2022
Read time: 2 Minutes
If your admin user has configured a Jira integration, you can raise Jira tickets for issues directly from your Burp Suite Enterprise Edition scan results.
- From within Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, select an issue that you want to raise a Jira ticket for.
In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Raise Jira Ticket button.
If you have also integrated Burp Suite Enterprise Edition with other issue-tracking platforms, you may need to select this from the Raise ticket drop down.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click the "Link to Jira" button.
You can create a new Jira ticket, or link to an existing Jira ticket:
- To create a new Jira ticket, select your Project and Ticket type from the drop down menu, then click Create.
- To link to an existing Jira ticket, select Link to existing issue , enter the Jira ticket number, then click Link.
A ticket containing a link to the issue is added to the Jira project backlog. This contains the issue details from Burp Suite Enterprise Edition.
In Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, the issue now contains a Linked tickets tab.
The HTTP requests and responses for issues are currently not included automatically in the Jira ticket. Although a link to the issue is provided, if the developer assigned to investigate the issue does not have access to a Burp Suite Enterprise Edition account, you may need to download the HTML report and attach it to the Jira ticket manually.
Unlink Jira tickets
To unlink a Jira ticket from an issue in Burp Suite Enterprise Edition:
- Select the issue.
- Go to the Linked tickets tab.
- Click the Unlink button next to the relevant ticket.
When you unlink a ticket in Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, the ticket itself is not deleted. You need to close this manually in Jira.