Raising Jira tickets from within Burp Suite Enterprise Edition
Last updated: September 14, 2023
Read time: 2 Minutes
- From the top menu, select Scans.
- Select the scan you want to view.
- Select the Issues tab.
- Expand the issue and select the URL from the list.
In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Raise Jira Ticket button.
If you have also integrated Burp Suite Enterprise Edition with other issue-tracking platforms, you may need to select this from the Raise ticket drop down.
You can create a new Jira ticket, or link to an existing Jira ticket:
- To create a new Jira ticket, select your Project and Ticket type from the drop down menu, then click Create.
- To link to an existing Jira ticket, select Link to existing ticket, enter the Jira ticket number, then click Link.
A ticket containing a link to the issue is added to the Jira project backlog. This contains the issue details from Burp Suite Enterprise Edition.
In Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, the issue now contains a Linked tickets tab.
The HTTP requests and responses for issues are currently not included automatically in the Jira ticket. Although a link to the issue is provided, if the developer assigned to investigate the issue does not have access to a Burp Suite Enterprise Edition account, you may need to download the HTML report and attach it to the Jira ticket manually.
Unlink Jira tickets
To unlink a Jira ticket from an issue in Burp Suite Enterprise Edition:
- Select the issue.
- Go to the Linked tickets tab.
- Click the Unlink button next to the relevant ticket.
When you unlink a ticket in Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, the ticket itself is not deleted. You need to close this manually in Jira.
Raising Jira tickets for multiple issues
You can raise Jira tickets for more than one issue at a time. For more information, refer to Raising tickets for multiple issues.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.