Creating Jira tickets
If the administrator user has configured the integration with Jira, you can manually create Jira tickets for issues, or link an issue to an existing ticket, directly from the scan results in Burp. You can link an issue to multiple Jira tickets.
- Log in to Burp Suite Enterprise Edition.
- Open the issue for which you want to create a ticket.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click the "Link to Jira" button.
- In the popup that appears, select whether you want to create a new ticket in Jira or link to an existing one. To link to an existing ticket, you need to enter the exact ticket number.
- Select the project and ticket type. This is based on the list of combinations that the administrator created when configuring the Jira integration.
- Confirm your settings.
A ticket containing a link to the issue and some basic information about it is added to the Jira project backlog. In Jira, you can now assign the issue to a sprint or other project workflow as you would any other ticket. In Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, the issue now contains a "Linked Jira ticket" tab, where you can choose to unlink the ticket. However, please be aware that when you unlink a ticket from an issue, the ticket still exists in Jira and must be closed manually.
Note: The HTTP requests and responses for issues are currently not included automatically in the Jira ticket. Although a link to the issue is provided, if the developer assigned to investigate the issue does not have access to a Burp Suite Enterprise Edition account, you may need to download the HTML report and attach it to the Jira ticket manually.