Last updated: November 4, 2022
Read time: 1 Minute
Burp Scanner is a tool for performing automated scans of web sites, to discover content and audit for vulnerabilities.
The work involved in performing a scan comprises two key phases:
- Crawling for content - This involves navigating around the application, following links, submitting forms, and logging in where necessary, to catalog the content of the application and the navigational paths within it. Read more
- Auditing for vulnerabilities - This involves analyzing the application's traffic and behavior to identify security vulnerabilities and other issues. Depending on the scan configuration, it may involve sending a large number of requests to the application. Read more
- Launching scans in Burp Suite Professional
- Launching scans in Burp Suite Enterprise Edition
- Vulnerabilities detected by Burp Scanner
- Burp Scanner error reference
- Troubleshooting performance issues
- Using Burp to Manually Verify Scanner Issues
- Integrating Burp Suite with Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner
- Integrating Burp Suite with HP WebInspect
- Integrating Burp Suite with ThreadFix
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.