Restricting access to sites
Last updated: September 14, 2023
Read time: 1 Minute
You can use groups to restrict user access to certain parts of an organization's infrastructure. For example:
- Different people have responsibility for operations, finance, and payroll applications.
- Different people have access to development, staging, and production systems.
- Different people handle applications in different geographical regions.
By default, groups have no restrictions on sites. However, you can configure a group to be restricted to the sites that are relevant to a group's roles. For example, you might want to let a group view scan results for everything within the "Production" folder but disallow the "HR" folder beneath that, because its scan results might contain more sensitive information.
To restrict a group's access to sites:
- Log in to Burp Suite Enterprise Edition as an administrator.
- From the Team menu, select Groups.
- Select a group from the list, or create a new group.
- In the Site restrictions tab, click the folders, subfolders or sites that you want to restrict access to.
- When you're happy with your choices, click Save.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.