Performing a pre-scan check
Last updated: January 29, 2024
Read time: 2 Minutes
You can perform a pre-scan check to:
- Make sure that Burp Suite Enterprise Edition can reach your target URLs.
- Review your recorded login sequences, so you can make sure that they log in to your sites successfully.
Burp Suite Enterprise Edition prompts you to perform a pre-scan check when you add a new site. You can also perform a pre-scan check on existing sites at any time.
To perform a pre-scan check:
- From the top menu, select Sites > All sites.
- Select the site that you want to perform a pre-scan check for.
- In the Pre-scan check menu at the top of the main pane, click Run pre-scan check.
The pre-scan check runs the URL connection check, and attempts to run your recorded login sequences where applicable. The pre-scan check captures still images from the recorded login sequences for you to review.
When the pre-scan check is complete, you can review the connection check for your URLs. Expand the Pre-scan check menu and go to the Connection checks tab to see the connection status of your target URLs. You'll see some remedial advice if the connection check fails.
If you want to learn more about the connection check for a particular URL, click View response to see the request and response messages. This information may help you to remediate an issue.
If you have stored recorded login sequences for the site, you'll see the Recorded logins tab. This enables you to review images from your recorded logins. For more information, refer to Reviewing a recorded login sequence.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.