Defining the scan configuration for a site
Last updated: January 29, 2024
Read time: 1 Minute
When you create a new site, the Scan settings > Scan configuration tab enables you to specify one or more configurations to use to scan the site. You can select either a preset scan mode or define a custom configuration:
- Burp Scanner's preset scan modes are predefined collections of scan settings. They offer a quick way to adjust how the scan balances speed and coverage.
- You can use a custom scan configuration to fine-tune Burp Scanner's behavior to meet your needs.
Once you have created your site, you can track issues over time and monitor trends. Keep in mind that if you later decide to change the scan configuration for your site, it can skew the trend data.
You can also set scan configurations for folders and subfolders. These configurations are applied to all the subfolders and sites in the folder. You can then fine-tune the scan configurations for individual subfolders and sites. For more information, see Defining the scan configuration for a folder.
- Using preset scan modes.
- Using custom scan configurations.
- Defining the scan configuration for a folder.
- Burp Scanner built-in configurations - reference information on Burp Scanner's built-in scan configurations.
- Custom scan configuration settings (Burp Suite Enterprise Edition).
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.