Last updated: October 20, 2023
Read time: 1 Minute
Key events are added to the event log as your tasks progress. This includes start times, alerts, and progress updates. You can use this information to troubleshoot problems with your scans.
You can view the event log in two places:
- In the Event log panel on the dashboard - this contains events from all scans and live tasks.
- In the Event log tab of the task details window - this contains events from an individual task.
Each item in the event log contains the following details:
- Time - The time of the event.
- Type - Critical, error, info, or debug.
- Source - The task number or tool that triggered the event.
- Message - A summary of the event.
Select an event to view further information. The Event detail panel includes a description of the event and any recommended remedial action.
To filter the event log by event type, use the buttons at the top of the log. To filter the events by a specific term, for example a task number, use the search function.
To delete all items in the event log, right-click any entry and select Clear event log.
Burp Scanner error reference - Gives information about some of the error messages that may appear in the event log.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.