Managing tab groups
Last updated: August 25, 2022
Read time: 2 Minutes
Organizing tabs into groups can help you to manage large numbers of open tabs, and enables you to send requests from multiple tabs in sequence.
For more information on sending grouped requests as a sequence, see Sending requests in sequence.
Creating a new tab group
To create a tab group:
Click Create new group to display the create group context menu. You can access the Create new group option in multiple places:
- The add tab (+) menu.
- The options menu on the tab bar.
- The Add tab to group context menu option, displayed when you right-click a tab.
- Enter a Group name.
- Use the checkboxes to select the tabs that you want to add to the group. You can shift-click to select multiple tabs if required.
- Select a group color. The group's tabs will be highlighted with this color on the tab bar.
- Click Create to close the context menu and create the group.
An icon for the group is added to the tab bar. Click the icon to display the individual tabs within the group.
Any tab groups you create remain open even if you restart Burp Suite.
Editing existing groups
You can edit existing groups in the following ways:
- To edit details of an existing group, right-click its icon and select Edit group to display the edit group context menu. The fields on this menu are the same as those used when creating the group.
- To add a tab to a group, right-click the tab and select a group from the Add tab to group menu.
- To remove a tab from a group, right-click the tab and select Remove tab from group from the context menu. Note that if you remove the last tab from a group then that group is automatically closed.
- To close a group but keep its tabs open, right-click the group icon and select Ungroup tabs.
Closing tab groups
To close a group and all of its tabs, right-click the group icon and select Delete entire group from the context menu.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.