Last updated: September 14, 2023
Read time: 1 Minute
You can access the engagement tools from the context menu in many of Burp's tools. For example, you can right-click selected text in the site map, the message editor, or HTTP history. Some engagement tools are only available in certain locations. The engagement tools enable you to perform the following tasks:
- Find references - Use the Find references function to search Burp's tools for HTTP responses that link to the currently displayed item.
- Discover content - Discover content and functionality that is not linked from visible content which you can browse to or Burp Scanner can crawl.
- Schedule task - Use the Schedule task function to create tasks that run automatically at defined times and intervals.
- Target analyzer - Use the Target analyzer to assess how much effort penetration testing is likely to involve, and decide where to focus your attention.
- Generate CSRF PoC - Use the Generate CSRF PoC function to create some HTML which, when viewed in the browser, causes the current request to be issued.
- Manual simulator - Use the Manual simulator to generate traffic similar to that caused by manual penetration testing.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.