Last updated: March 1, 2024
Read time: 2 Minutes
The Sequencer page in the Settings dialog contains settings for the following:
The Sequencer settings are all project settings. They apply to the current project only.
These settings control how Sequencer makes HTTP requests and harvests tokens during a live capture:
- Number of threads - Specify the maximum number of concurrent requests that the live capture can make.
- Throttle between requests - Specify a delay between each request, in milliseconds. This enables you to avoid overloading the application, or to be more stealthy in your approach.
- Ignore token whose length deviates by X characters - Enable this setting to ignore tokens that deviate by a specified number of characters from the average token length. This setting is useful if the application occasionally returns a different item in the location where a token normally appears.
For more information on the live capture process, see Burp Sequencer live capture.
These settings control how tokens are handled during analysis:
- Pad short tokens at start / end - The Sequencer statistical tests can only be performed on tokens of identical length. If the application produces tokens with a variable length, then the tokens are padded. You can choose whether padding is applied at the start or end of each token. In most cases, pad tokens at the start.
- Pad - Specify the character that is used for padding. For numeric or ASCII hex-encoded tokens, the 0 character is usually most appropriate.
- Base64-decode before analyzing - Enable this setting to decode any Base-64-encoded tokens before analysis. This generally improves the accuracy of the analysis.
This setting controls the tests that are performed during analysis. You can enable or disable each test individually.
This can be useful after you perform an initial analysis with all tests enabled. You can then disable individual tests to reflect your understanding of the tokens' characteristics, or to isolate the effects of unusual characteristics.
To re-perform an analysis:
- Go to the results window.
- Modify the settings in the Analysis settings tab.
- Click Redo analysis.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.