Burp's dashboard lets you control and monitor Burp's automated activity:
- You can launch a scan of a website by clicking the "New scan" button.
- You can monitor the progress of tasks that are running, and open the task details window for an individual task, to see more information.
- You can pause and resume individual tasks, or all tasks together.
- You can reorder tasks by dragging them within the task list.
- You can configure settings for how tasks are managed and executed, by clicking the gear icon at the top of the Tasks panel.
- You can view the issue activity from any audit tasks that are running, to see vulnerabilities being reported in real time.
- You can configure live scanning by clicking the "New live task" button.
- You can view the event log to monitor for alerts or other information. This information may be useful to troubleshoot network connection or other problems.
You can click the "pop-out" icon in the corner of each panel to show it as a separate window, so you can keep it visible while working in other areas of Burp Suite.