Submitting extensions to the BApp Store
Last updated: September 14, 2023
Read time: 2 Minutes
If you write an extension for Burp Suite, you can submit it to us to become a BApp. If your extension meets the acceptance criteria, we'll make it available through the BApp Store.
Step 1 - Check the acceptance criteria
To make sure that your extension has the best chance of being accepted, check that it meets the acceptance criteria.
Step 2 - Submit your extension
To submit your extension, you need:
- A link to the GitHub repository where all the relevant source code is stored.
- A name and a good description of what your extension does.
- A description of how your extension works, how to use it, and any setup information needed to use the extension.
Once you have all this, contact us to request a review.
Step 3 - We review your extension
We compile and review your extension to make sure it's suitable for the BApp Store:
- We make sure that the extension does not replicate any existing functionality or available extensions.
- We review the code to check compliance with the guidelines.
- We run an automated review to check for the usage of any key functions.
- We run a scan to see if your extension triggers antivirus or malware software. For example, unencrypted payloads can sometimes cause a false positive.
- We manually test the extension.
We aim to stay in touch with you throughout the process, with any questions we might have or suggestions for improvements.
Once the review is complete, we'll let you know whether the extension will go into the BApp Store.
Updating your BApp
To update your BApp:
- Create a pull request against PortSwigger's fork of your repository. Please note that we only accept pull requests from the forked repository.
- Send us an email with a link to your pull request.
- We review the changes and merge them into the PortSwigger fork.
- After we test the extension, we publish the updated version to the BApp Store and let you know when it's live.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.