Testing multiple inputs with the Burp Collaborator client
Last updated: November 25, 2022
Read time: 1 Minute
You can use the Burp Collaborator client to test multiple request inputs at once. To do this, you need to insert a different payload into each input. This enables you to easily identify which input causes an interaction with the Collaborator server.
To generate multiple payloads at once:
- Go to the Collaborator tab. If this is the first time you've opened the Collaborator tab, click Get started.
- Enter the number of Collaborator payloads that you want to generate in the Payloads to generate field.
- Click Copy to clipboard to copy the specified number of payloads.
- To access the payloads, paste them into a document.
To include the full Collaborator server address in your payloads, select Include Collaborator server location. If this is not selected, only the Collaborator ID will be included in your payloads.
You can now insert the unique payloads manually into the specific inputs that you want to test. Follow the usual testing process:
- Open the request into which you want to insert the payloads. Insert these into the appropriate locations.
- Send the request.
- Go to the Collaborator tab and click Poll now. Interactions received as a result of your Collaborator payloads are displayed.
- To identify which input caused the interaction, cross-reference the interaction payload with the payloads used in the request.
Was this article helpful?
An error occurred, please try again.